Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Website Domain issues

muonxmuonx New
edited May 2015 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I installed Vanilla forums recently , and when I installed it , I was looking at the links that were displayed when I look at certain sections of the website ( e.g. discussion / activity / and even the main page , the links result in really long links: I've installed the forum at a subdomain , and the server is apache. The links show as "forum.site.domain/home/user/public_html/forum/XYZ(the specific page)"
This results in really long domains , and I do not want the "home/user/public_html" sections appearing the links. How do I fix this so that instead of the really long links that it shows , all inks become forum.site.domain/XYZ?

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

You have to configure your server so that yourdomain.com points directly to home/user/public_html. Ask your provider how to achieve that

• Thanks , I contacted my host and they fixed it.