Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

user approval feature not working

i have activated user approval feature under authentication tab. still i see that new users are getting created with member role without my approval. can someone help me on this.

Comments

• Options
    agcyphersagcyphers Nooooop.
    edited May 2015

We really rely on user approval on our forum, and it seems to be working perfectly for us. Given that, I would reevaluate my settings first, then disable all plugins and slowly reenable them until I find an issue. I'm not sure how this could be a plugin issue, but it's a place to start.

More information might be more conducive to discussion. What plugins are you using? What theme are you using? What specific version of Vanilla? What are your registration settings?

I'm not sure if it matters in this case, but are you also requiring email confirmation? At any rate, more information might help others figure out the issue.

According to the way you posted here, it looks you're using Vanilla 2.0 instead of 2.1. If that is the case, have you tried upgrading?

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Check yourforum/index&p=role/defaultroles to see which roles should be applied to applicants based on your settings (and change that there if you like to)