Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Uploader - Will Legacy uploads made with FileUpload masked filenames not map to Uploader filenames?

Will Legacy uploads made with FileUpload masked filenames not map to Uploader filenames?

I have used FileUpload since I moved to VanillaForums. After the latest upgrade to Vanilla 2.1.10 I had to change uploader plugin to Uploader.
Now it seems all my existing uploads are not mapped to the correct one. With all my uploads from the early days, which worked with FileUpload, are now mapped toward wrong files. Ie. an mp3 file is correctly shown in the post as attached, but the actual file which is linked is a wrong file ie. a jpeg.

Can I somehow make Uploader use the same filename hash as the FileUpload plugin?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Comments

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited May 2015

Will Legacy uploads made with FileUpload masked filenames not map to Uploader filenames?

No, they are two separate plugins with separate folders for uploads.

Uploader uses the uploads folder just like FileUpload but the files are under Uploader just as they are with FileUpload. The uploads for each plugin are in their own separate folders. In order for the FileUpload images that were posted to be mapped you need to have the original FileUpload folder in the uploads folder to be able to still access the files in the posts.

Uploader and FileUpload create their own folders.