Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Embedded Forum will not show any changes I make, only the default theme

In full version of my forum it shows all modifications I make to custom.css and any other changes. However, if I embed it in my website, it only shows the default version of my theme without any modifications. How do I get the embedded version of my forum to show all my changes?

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited June 2015

You need to clear the caches , or wait until your server updates the new page.. Or use an extension called Reload CSS for chrome or a similar for firefox witch force load the newest page, or lower the time on your server that refreshes the cache.

The embedded forum is the exact same as your stand alone forum m however it is twice subject to time-lapse that the stand alone because it is located on a different place and depends on the settings for the cache on that place to refresh to a new page...

Delete the .ini files from the forum cache.

Other people, who have not visited , will see the newest version of the page.....

• Nevermind, I finally figured out on my own if I put the link to custom.css directly into the top of my theme's default.master.php it will load my custom.css in my embedded forum and actually show my changes. xD

• All I know is it was not loading my custom.css into the embedded forum until I did that and I been fooling with it for like 3 days. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I've embedded it into osCommerce. lol

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited June 2015

no, what you did was add a redundancy , the style sheet for the forum is loaded as it should. The embedded forum is an identical copy of your forum but with downfalls , that is (that is the script with the iframe of the forum) it is, dependent on the servers and caches of where you embedded the forum.

However, the browser extensions I mentioned , will be handy because they would be working on any site you edit, not just your forum. By adding the rel link of the custom.css , you are simply calling the same style sheet twice...

• Redundant or not, at least it's showing. I might look into what you're saying later, but right now, it's doing what I need it to. Ty, though, I wasn't expecting anyone to respond so quickly.

• By the way, I tried all kinds of things beforehand, including editing everything on brand new never installed themes on my computer before uploading and it still only showed the default css for the uploaded theme even though the custom.css was already altered before ever being uploaded. Like I said, I was fooling with it for like 3 days beforehand. Not to mention, I left it alone each night as I went to bed and it was still the same when I got up the next morning...