Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

.htaccess Help

Hello,

I am seeing a "No input file specified." message when i try to start setup "/us/tpl/forum/index.php?p=/dashboard/setup".

"conf", "cache", and "uploads" directories are writable, and I have modified this line in the .htaccess file:

# Certain hosts may require the following line. # If vanilla is in a subfolder then you need to specify it after the /. # (ex. You put Vanilla in /forum so change the next line to: RewriteBase /forum) RewriteBase /us/tpl/forum

Do i have to make any other changes to the .htaccess or is it my permissions?

Thanks
-Hector

Comments

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited June 2015

This is a server configuration issue related to the php gateway most likely. You won't solve this through .htaccess talk to your host.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
  • Options

@vrijvlinder said:
    I do not think that is correct. Please look at the examples here

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/25111/about-error-404-not-found

Thanks! this worked for me

# Modified # If you modify this file then change the above line to: # Modified <IfModule mod_rewrite.c> RewriteEngine On # Certain hosts may require the following line. # If vanilla is in a subfolder then you need to specify it after the /. # (ex. You put Vanilla in /forum so change the next line to: RewriteBase /forum) RewriteBase /us/tpl/forum RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php\?p=$1 [QSA,L] </IfModule>

I commented out all of the other lines from the original and left only what's above.

• Options

What version for the forum are you running? Because that is pretty much the standard file, with the RewiteBase added. Which what it thought were asking. Only the apha version has a more complex rules.

grep is your friend.