Vanilla 2.6 is here
! It includes security fixes and requires PHP 7.0. We have therefore ALSO released Vanilla 2.5.2
with security patches if you are still on PHP 5.6 to give you additional time to upgrade.
This discussion is related to the Articles
Articles 1.1.1 has been released. See a list of resolved issues over at the GitHub repo. Here are the main changes:
- License changed from GPLv3 to GNU GPL2
- A lot of bug fixes, including patches for reported issues, namely a patch to prevent unauthorized commenting from guests, and fixed search functionality
- Articles Categories module added with an option to change from a list to a drop-down
- An index page that lists article categories added
- Recent Articles module added
- "About the Author" box added under articles
- "You may be interested in..." (similar / random articles) box added under articles
- Article thumbnails and images in body are now responsive
- Cleaner looking Articles Compose dashboard
- Other small things have been made cleaner looking, such as sprites that have been added next to navigation links
- Some code has been optimized for performance
Along with this new release, the "Articles - Social Reactions" plugin has been updated to 1.0.1, which includes an updated design (requires Articles 1.1.1) for displaying the social reactions.
A big thanks goes out to everyone who had provided feedback on this application by reporting issues, bugs, and making suggestions.
Note: Articles 1.1.0 was released earlier today, but 1.1.1 fixes an issue with the "similar articles" styling conflicting with another CSS class.
Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app | Publish articles with the Articles app