Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

CSS Tweaks - testing CSS changes without affecting active users

rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one"NY ✭✭✭
edited July 2015 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I wanted to test few CSS changes without affecting other users. I took the Mobile Tweaks plugin (by @matt Sephton who really deserves all the credit) and changed it so that instead of testing for mobile it would test that the CSS changes only affect the Admin user. That way I can test few design changes while other users are active and then apply them onto the forum theme. For me it is a convenient testing tool and I thought that others may find it useful too so I share it here. I don't have the right to upload it to the addons section. If and until some developer decides that it is useful and uploads it to the Addons section, I uploaded it to Google Drive where anyone can take it and play with it at their own risk.

I have no claims as this is mostly Matt's code. I did put comments so others may change at will, and I did include an example of changing the box around the discussion/categories/activity section to blue.

OK, with that long intro, here is the link to the CSS Tweak zip file.

EDIT - Uploaded to repo here: http://vanillaforums.org/addon/css+tweaks-plugin

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    BleistivtBleistivt Moderator

There isn't really a threshold for "developer" here.
    So If you feel that your plugin is useful for other people and, the license permits it if it is a fork, upload it to the repository.

That said, my CSSedit plugin has a preview mode, which does the same thing (similar to the theme preview mode).

• Options
    rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one" NY ✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    1. Indeed I found out I can upload it,so I did. Thanks for your insight!

2. Your preview function requires you to stay in "preview" state all the time. CSS Tweaks works a little differently.

I mentioned your plugin in the description of the plugin I just uploaded.

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

Or you could always do it on the fly with a web inspector...

• Options
    rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one" NY ✭✭✭

Sure, but I needed thorough testing over several days where I signon, signoff, etc.
    I see you're a moderator - anyway you can let me edit the initial post where I thought I cannot upload it and put it on google drive - turns out I can, and I did uploaded it to the addon section...

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@rbrahmson

Thanks for your contribution to the community.

Sorry if my comment seemed dismissive; just wanted to highlight an option for users who might have simple changes they wanted to test.

• Options

No problem, I think you are correct, I thank you and I added that option to the plugin description.
    It indeed may be that our forum requirement for several testing days is unique.