Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla 2.2.b1 Advanced Editor: Questions and Issues

Dr_SommerDr_Sommer Dr. of tender Programing ;) ✭✭
edited July 2015 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

What can I say... this marvelous piece of Forumsoftware is absolutely GREAT!! :awesome:
Thx for the awesome Advanced Editor... this is what I was waiting for a long time... :heart::hurrah:

Now, all issues that I can spot, I would like to discuss here, before I do an Bugreport on Github... better, cause it could be somehow my mistake... :lol:

So here is issue Nr. one:

When I edit a discussion with smilies, the smilies disappear... :anguished:

Here all Steps of the Edit:

I'm sure thats not the expected behavior...

Checked with inspect, it seems that the src of the img tag is gone...

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2015

Ha! Found it... :sunglasses::lol:
    When you turn on "Reinterpret All Posts As Wysiwyg" in the Advanced editor settings, then the above issue is happening...

p.s.: Issue posted on GitHub :glasses:

• Options
    edited August 2015

Can please somebody confirm this:

If you ReEdit the first Post of an Discussion with the Advanced editor, it shows you just HTML to edit, not WYSIWYG... and there is no button (<>) to switch over...

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2015
    • with desktop computer ....

• However, if I view it with the default mobile theme I experience what you say.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    edited August 2015

ThX, Peregrine... :+1:
    I have to mention, that I'm using the Bootstrap Theme (version 2.5.1)... tested it with Baseline+ and it works fine...

So it seems to be an real Bug?? Call me Bughunter Junior... :awesome::lol:

Anybody with Bootstrap, V2.2.b1 and the same behavior??