HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Can't delete comments in Articles

edited August 2015 in Feedback

When I delete comments before I delete an article, the comments disappear from Recent Comments. This is what I want. But when I delete articles without deleting comments, the comments remain in Recent Comments. They also appear not to be able to be deleted by the administrator, the article writer, or the commenter. I am clueless about how to get them out of my database.

Tagged:

Comments

• For now, I am setting everyone's permission to disallow the deletion of articles, even administrator's. Then before a discussion is deleted I hope to remember to be sure all the comments are gone.

• ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited August 2015

There seems to be bugs with deleting comments. I ran into a bug recently where deleting a parent comment that has child comments when the threaded comments feature is enabled doesn't delete the child comments sometimes. I'll file an issue in the code repository for Articles on GitHub and look into it.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• Yes, that sounds like the same sort of thing, thanks.