Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Too much profile editing option in Vanilla

phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

Hi all,

I've always wondered about the clutterness of the profile editing options in Vanilla.
The profil edit menu holds options that could easily fetched on one page.

• Edit Profile (Edits Username and E-Mail)
  • Change My Password (Edits Password)
  • Change My Picture (Upload profile picture and options to edit the thumbnail)
  • Edit My Thumbnail

Those four should - from my point of view - be merged into "Edit Profile" as they all come with the core.

Starting from there, developers would probably also use this page to hook their plugin settings in there. Right now almost every plugin that holds options for the users in the frontend, adds a new menue point. Often with just an input field or two checkboxes.

Also for Admins it would be easier to send asking users to one link, as also could Help/FAQ sections of a forum get easified.

What you think?
phreak

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
  • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

I would say that "Change my Picture" and "Edit my Thumbnail" go together and they should be on one screen. But besides of that, I appreciate having more than one Edit Profile link. It would end up with a very long setting screen if you simply add settings below each other. My opinion is: group together what can thematically be grouped together but keep each page as short as possible.

That said, I would welcome a "Panel Module Settings" tab or at least some kind of preselected structure so that it would be easy to decide where to add plugin settings if you are writing one.