Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Sub-Roles

Is there a way to create sub-roles similar to sub categories? The goal of this would be moreso for backend organization rather than real functionality.

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

You can give users all the roles that you like. You wouldn't be able to determine what the "main" role and what the "sub" roles are. But depending on the use case, that might not be necessary.

• KpudloKpudlo New
    edited August 2015

@R_J said:
    You can give users all the roles that you like. You wouldn't be able to determine what the "main" role and what the "sub" roles are. But depending on the use case, that might not be necessary.

Right, I love this option this would just allow for better organization when assigning roles, I know you can organize and add descriptions to each role which will do for now, but this would just allow for easier organization.

For example, if I have project 1 and project 2, with a coordinator for each of them, it would be beneficial to see under the roles:

• Team 1

• Coordinator
    • Team 2

• Coordinator
  • R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@Kpudlo said:
    for backend organization rather than real functionality.

Maybe you should take a closer look at the profile extender. User Roles are for permissions and you seem to just look for additional grades/titles/names you can give some users.

• Well they would affect what a person can see as well, I guess that wasn't the best example :-1: