Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Why is the profile URL like this /@64451/name

ProsperProsper ✭✭
edited August 2015 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I just installed this module but the profile URL is something like this - /@64451/name or /@1/name
Is there a way to fix it? I use Vanilla version 2.1.11.
Thank you.

Comments

• If you don't have users with the same names.

you can add this to your config.php

$Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['NameUnique'] = TRUE;

and it will work without the userid inserted in the url.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2015

the weird thing is....

sometimes this is used usermodel and entrycontroller.

C('Garden.Registration.NameUnique', TRUE);

sometime this is used. fuunctions render.

C('Garden.Registration.NameUnique');

so sometimes $Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['NameUnique'] without being set results in assumption of TRUE and other time times Assumption of FALSE

perhaps the plugin and the render functions should use the same logic, or I could be missing some reason why assumptions are different depending where ....

C('Garden.Registration.NameUnique', TRUE);

muttering to myself - maybe all this weirdness is due to first last name plugin and spaces in names. ??? or just weirdenss for weirdness sake.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.