Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
"Twitter Bot 0.1" not working well.
This discussion is related to the Twitter Bot addon.
edited August 2015 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Thank you for this nice addon.
However, I tested on vanilla ver 2.1.11 and found out these issues;
1) On the admin - "TwitterBot Settings", addon only works when "Show checkbox below new discussions" is left unchecked. Page seems hanged.
2) The Twitted discussion title on twitter page does not have any weblink linking twitted title back to forum.
3) When "Show checkbox below new discussions" is checked, addon does not auto-twit discussion title
4) When "Show checkbox below new discussions" is checked, nothing shows below new discussions. Where can I find the checkbox?
I made an awful lot of spelling mistakes in that plugin! But it was because I wanted to finish that piece fo work as fast as I could... :-/
But to your questions:
2. Please look at the description "I'm not very happy with the content of the tweet. You can look at line 160 of the plugin in order to do some adjustments...". I hope the code is self explanatory enough so that you can make the changes you like. If not, please tell me which format you would like and I tell you how you have to modify that line.
3. + 4. Are you sure you have checked some categories and do you have set up the "Only tweet announcements" correct?
Maybe I have to explain more what I have imagined when creating the setting screen.
I thought it would be horrible if all discussions would appear on Twitter. So I thought admins should be able to
Waiting this plugin for a long time. But can't make it work on vanilla v 22.214.171.124. Nothing happening no matter which checkboxes i choose.
I assume you haven't set up the API keys. Look at that: https://github.com/R-J/TwitterBot/blob/master/class.twitterbot.plugin.php#L43-L48
I check if the API credentials are configured before dsiplaying anything. So if you simply want to see how it would work, fill both fields with rubbish.
I did. All 4 fields are copied from twitter. Will try again later. Maybe I've missed something.
OK. It's working. Problem was that I've tried to launch it on Localhost.
but I have popup dialog that never disappears. and no confirmation that post published. But tweet sent and post has been published.
Also what I would like have in plugin as future development:
well basically when I was using Drupal they have perfectly ready to use twitter plugin https://www.drupal.org/project/twitter
@R_J - When Twitter Bot is enabled and when "Post Discussion" is clicked, a pop window appears but tweet is sent. See attached gif for details. I need assistance please. Thank you for your time.
@R_J - please I need your assistance on twitter bot
Okay, I promise I'll take a look at it, but I'm quite busy right now, so I can't promise it will be soon
@R_J - ok I will be waiting.