Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Unserialize error after 2.0.17 updated to 2.1.11

'Successfully' updated my forum from 2.0.17 to 2.1.11 (i.e. nothing blew up) - got the reindex theme/plugin cache notifications after submitting the update URL (no biggie)

Logged back in and I got the following "unserialized" error at the very top of the Plugins list screen

Notice: unserialize() [function.unserialize]: Error at offset 29 of 36 bytes in /home/USER/public_html/forum/library/core/class.format.php on line 1502 on Plugins screen

and at the bottom I see:

Debug Trace

Info Need to re-index theme cache
Info Need to re-index plugin cache
Notice unserialize() [function.unserialize]: Error at offset 29 of 36 bytes
/home/USER/public_html/forum/library/core/class.format.php line 1502.
/home/USER/public_html/forum/library/core/class.configuration.php line 271.
/home/USER/public_html/forum/library/core/class.gdn.php line 101.
/home/USER/public_html/forum/applications/dashboard/controllers/class.settingscontroller.php line 666.

I tried disabling all plugins - no joy.

Any thoughts anyone?

Comments

  • can you post your config.php (remove any private info).

    does it go away when you turn off debugging.

    wild guess troubleshooting....

    Do you have aything like ['Garden']['Required'] ...... in your config.php?
    if so, try deleting it.

    or

    disable all your plugins.
    then you might try zipping up your plugins folder and saving it (deleting the plugins folder completely and re-copying from the core plugin.

    I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

  • I've tried disabling all the plugins = no change.

    Here is the forum config: http://pastebin.com/Y4vi8zX7

    Yes, the error messages are removed when debug is set to FALSE

    I'll try deleting, redownloading and reinstalling the plugins from scratch to see if that fixes anything.

  • peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2015

    I suspect you can delete this and it will fix your problem.

    $Configuration['Garden']['RequiredUpdates'] = 'O:8:"stdClass":1:{s:2:"ok";s:30:"";}';

    you can also delete these or change to unserialized if you want to order them.

    $Configuration['Modules']['Vanilla']['Content'] = 'a:6:{i:0;s:13:"MessageModule";i:1;s:7:"Notices";i:2;s:21:"NewConversationModule";i:3;s:19:"NewDiscussionModule";i:4;s:7:"Content";i:5;s:3:"Ads";}';
    $Configuration['Modules']['Conversations']['Content'] = 'a:6:{i:0;s:13:"MessageModule";i:1;s:7:"Notices";i:2;s:21:"NewConversationModule";i:3;s:19:"NewDiscussionModule";i:4;s:7:"Content";i:5;s:3:"Ads";}';

    e,g, to look like this form...

    $Configuration['Modules']['Vanilla']['Content'] = array("MessageModule","NewConversationModule","NewDiscussionModule","Content","Ads");

    but you probably don't need them at all

    you could adjust this to current version just for cosmetic reasons.

    $Configuration['Conversations']['Version'] = '2.0.17.10';

    after you do all that. I would disable All of your addons via the dashboard, and then re-enable via the dashboard.

    then I would reset the inviteroles as well.

    I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

    Bleistivtvrijvlinderhgtonight
  • after you do above...

    you can delete this as well

    $Configuration['Plugins']['BotStop']['Question'] = 'xxxx';
    $Configuration['Plugins']['BotStop']['Answer1'] = 'xxxx';
    $Configuration['Plugins']['BotStop']['Answer2'] = 'xxxx';

    since you are not using botstop, and add registration question is a more up to date plugin that does the same thing. Botstop has older 2.0 views, and can cause other plugins that fight for registration views to break.

    I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

    vrijvlinder
  • Thanks will do. Plugins just deleted, about to redownload but will make the config changes you suggested first.

    Update to follow. :)

  • Made all changes - commenting out the "$Configuration['Garden']['RequiredUpdates']" line got rid of the unserialized error.

    Going to redownload all the plugins and "Add Registration Question" and hopefully be back up and running.

    Will update again shortly.

  • Yep looks like everything is back up and running. Many thanks for your help Peregrine.

    peregrine
Sign In or Register to comment.