Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

No admin facilities

computergeniuscomputergenius In the hills inland from Malaga New

I have three test Vanilla setups - but the admin on two of them has no permissions.

When logged in, clicking on the "Account Options" cog only has the option (and takes you directly to) /profile/edit Edit Profile.

I haven't been able to see what activates this cog to add the Admin options. All three databases have Admin set to 1 in the gdn_user.Admin field.

Amy suggestions on where to look?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2015

yes, you have broken javascript probably. that breaks many things in vanilla.

check your javascript console and you will probably find where the error is happening.

you can probably still get there via

http://localhost/vanilla/dashboard/settings

(substitute your forum location in above,

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Hmmm... it's started working again...

Thanks for the suggestions, @peregrine - I'll keep it in mind for next time!

• Options

OK, it has happened again - there is no link to the Dashboard, etc., on the Admins cog icon. And @peregrine was correct, there is an issue in the javascript.

Error: ReferenceError: definitions is not defined
    Source File: /vanilla/js/global.js?v=2.1.11
    Line: 206
    User Profile shows "Roles : Not Verified, Administrator"

I am going to see if I can trace this - but any suggestions would be welcome.

• Options
    BleistivtBleistivt Moderator
    edited September 2015

Does your themes default.master.tpl include this?

{asset name="Foot"}

• Options
    edited September 2015

That is what was missing!

The client asked me to remove the logo from the bottom of the page, and the code for Foot is in there. When I pointed out that it "wasn't in the spirit", he said, "no, but the forum is so good, I don't want our competitors to figure out what it is". Not sure that that would work, though! =)

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2015

you can change or remove without removing the asset.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Yes, thanks, I appreciate that ...now!