Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.

How do I get the default vanilla roles after a SMF import?

Hello everyone. I just imported my SMF2 installation to vanilla and I don't seem to have the default vanilla roles anymore, like guest and applicant. Guests are currently able to access the dashboard and that's somewhat inconvenient. Any way to fix this?

Comments

• Thank you for that, I have recreated the original roles. I still have a problem though: members can access the dashboard, just like an admin. It seems the roles have no effect. Any idea? I suspect members have multiple roles assigned, because in the GND_UserRole table, USERID's have mutilple rows with roles assigned. There should be only one row per user right?

• Can confirm it worked. I truncated the GND_UserRole table and reassigned all users to the default Member role that I created. Everyone only has 1 role now and no longer access the dashboard, which I assumed was because they had an admin role.

Thanks.

peregrinewhu606
  • Just a correction vanilla supports multiple roles. No contradiction there. In vanilla roles are additive, in that they take the same of the permissions.

However it sounds like the role got a bit messed up during import, par for the course.

grep is your friend.