Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Edit sign-in pop up window?

Hello everyone,

I'd like to edit the pop-up window that appears when someone is asked to sign-in, but I can't seem to find where its file is located. Could someone point it out on the map for me?

Thanks, and appreciated.

Comments

  • Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

    What do you want to edit about the pop up ?

  • Options

    @vrijvlinder said:
    What do you want to edit about the pop up ?

    I would like to add some text to it along the bottom.

  • Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

    It is not a single file, it is a compilation of files involved and they are core files which should not be edited.

    You can add text in several ways, some better than others. Using jquery .append or using a theme hook or a plugin.

    Please look at the plugin add text to box and maybe enhance it to do it on the form.

    For example this script adds content to the sign in form:

    <script type="text/javascript">
    jQuery(document).ready(function($){
    $('form#Form_User_SignIn').append('<div><h1>Your text here</h1></div>');
    });
    </script>
    

    Since selector names vary by theme used, you need to see what selector to pick to add the text to. Example form#Form_UserSighIn Is the selector In my theme for the sign in form in the sign in page...

  • Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2015

    I would like to add some text to it along the bottom.

    you can translate pretty much everything.

    e.g. add text and changing bottom part.

    $Definition['Don\'t have an account? %s'] = 'Don\'t have an account? %s <p>Well signup now for free gift</p>';
    

    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/26597/tutorial-how-to-change-wording-how-to-change-text-how-to-change-language-how-to-change-locale

    I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

  • Options

    @vrijvlinder said:
    It is not a single file, it is a compilation of files involved and they are core files which should not be edited.

    You can add text in several ways, some better than others. Using jquery .append or using a theme hook or a plugin.

    Please look at the plugin add text to box and maybe enhance it to do it on the form.

    For example this script adds content to the sign in form:

    <script type="text/javascript">
    jQuery(document).ready(function($){
    $('form#Form_User_SignIn').append('<div><h1>Your text here</h1></div>');
    });
    </script>
    

    Since selector names vary by theme used, you need to see what selector to pick to add the text to. Example form#Form_UserSighIn Is the selector In my theme for the sign in form in the sign in page...

    Thanks for sharing this info. It's something I'd have to work up to since I'm not that advanced of a user (yet).

  • Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2015

    you don't have to be an expert to change a definition, and you don't need js.

    just add definitions to conf/locale.php (as shown in tutorial link).

    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/233668/#Comment_233668

    I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

  • Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
  • Options

    @peregrine said:

    Thanks, I'll give this one a go. Much appreciated.

  • Options

    @vrijvlinder said:
    peregrine's way is the best way and easiest.

    Thanks - I'll bulk up these coding muscles yet.

    flex points at keyboard

  • Options

    @peregrine said:
    you don't have to be an expert to change a definition, and you don't need js.

    just add definitions to conf/locale.php (as shown in tutorial link).

    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/233668/#Comment_233668

    Just as a test, I copied your line of code into the conf/locale.php as per the tutorial, and nothing seemed to change. Is there anything I need to do in addition to this? Or should just adding the definition to that particular file be enough?

  • Options

    @peregrine

    I fiddled a bit and finally got it to work - I must have left something out along the way. Works great, much appreciated.

Sign In or Register to comment.