Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

What's up with Vanilla and IOS 9 for IPhone?

Could someone explain what this is suppose to be for a mobile site?

My theme Mobile was working fine til the IOS 9 upgrade, anyone else with the same problem?

Thanks.

Comments

• Sorry, forgot the link when posting the image. Here it is.
    http://forums.yourtechadvisors.com
    Thanks.

• mtschirsmtschirs ✭✭✭
    edited September 2015

The company and you will benifet greatly from your donations in ways you will never understand. http://yourtechadvisors.com/donate/

That website is pure gold.

The layout has similar issues on FF and Chrome on Android, the long line beneath "Feedback" doesn't wrap around.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

It looks like the default theme. Make sure you have the right name of the theme in the config.php

It may be a cached page. Try selecting another mobile theme and see what happens.

Delete the cache and history from the phone browser.

• I have deleted cache from the phone. I have reinstalled the theme from the default 2.1 installation. I will try to find another theme.

Thanks all.

• I have tried to find another mobile theme that will work. I found one that would load correctly, i just don't like the design. What would be the steps for debugging this mobile theme?

• ytadvisorsytadvisors Indiana
    edited September 2015

Hello again, I find this kind of interesting. The layout is all messed up on the home page, but it is not messed up in a category. See screenshot below.

What is going on with this crazy theme? By the way, i enabled it so i could check it out on desktop, the whole thing looks perfect. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Mobile themes may be subject to the layout you pick in the dashboard on the desktop.

If your home page is categories and you have the table layout. It possibly has something to do with it.

You can figure this out better by using an agent switcher extension for your browser so you can use the desktop to trouble shoot themes for other devices.

• Yes you are correct. I just switched it over and it corrected the problem. Now I have one further question. Is there anyway to leave the layout modern for desktop view and table layout for the mobile view?

Thanks for your help.

Yes, You need to create a table layout mobile theme :D

• How would i go about creating such a theme? Can i just modify the one I currently have?

Thanks.

You can clone the default mobile theme or You can also download another mobile theme and then what you would do is adjust it to the devices.

I recommend you get and use an agent switcher so you can use the web dev tools to help you edit the new mobile theme clone you make.

One clue would be to inspect the existing css for table view on the desktop and then copying that into the new mobile theme and adjusting the values for the devices .

• OK, will try this and report back with any questions.

Thanks.

It makes no sense to use table view on mobile devices since mobile have a set screen size. To be honest....

• Well, why isn't the set screen size being followed on the default theme? Would you like a copy of the CSS?

No, the default mobile theme is about the most basic barebones theme you can find. (See my mobile themes)

What you could do to confirm my theory and to be impartial to my themes, is to download Bootstrap theme pick one and then do not enable it but put the name of it in the config.php as the mobile theme.

So you can see what codes it uses. You might even like it without much. Or try other themes. To use as a guide to personalize what you need.

• ytadvisorsytadvisors Indiana
    edited September 2015

@vrijvlinder said:
    in any event, once you make a clone of the default mobile theme if that is what you choose, to solve a non wrapping line in css for that specific problem line, add to your new mobile theme:

.MItem {
    margin-left: 8px;
    margin-right: 8px;
    white-space: pre-line;
    }

You fixed my forum. It is now working. All i did was add that code to the bottom of my custom.css file.

Thanks for your help tonight. My forum would thank you to if i had anyone else, LOL.