Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Try Vanilla Forums Cloud product

Ready to contribute?

Amazing! Sign our contributors' agreement and then join us on GitHub.

Update for critical security issue in PHPMailer included in release Vanilla 2.3.1
Please upgrade to 2.3 here. The 2.2 and earlier branches are no longer being updated.

Fatal Error - Table 'forum_db.GDN_UserRole' doesn't exist

xm1xm1 New
edited October 2015 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.2

Testing vanilla 2.2.
Everything works on localhost.
Then I decided to test in a production environment.
I get Table 'forum_db.GDN_UserRole' doesn't exist bla bla bla
I checked the database and that table actually exists but in lower case (gdn_userrole)

Comments

  • peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2015

    what's your point? looking for solution, or reporting anomaly. we don't know what version you are using. there is no version 2.2.

    was it a database port? was it a restore? was it a new install? was it windows? was it an upgrade.

    just change the table to upper case with phpmyadmin.

    the bla bla bla - would have been helpful. it is a trace.

    moving database from one operating system (windows) to linux can often exhibit those issues.
    simple solution rename tables (match the case) in database.

    I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

  • Just came across this issue migrating from windows server on premises to AWS cloud. Ran into this error with my forums software (which was not set up by me so i am just learning how it works). Renaming the one table is not a solution, because who knows what other bad code is in the codebase referring to other tables in mixed case as opposed to universally lower case. The main problem is that mysql / maria on linux honours the file system default of case sensitive names, this apparently extends to table names in a mysql database stored on those linux volumes! (or in my case, amazon RDS) (who knew!).

    The correct solution for me was to modify my.ini (or in my case aws database parameters) to set lower_case_table_names = 1.

    This has solved the problem and the forums loaded right up. I also had to remove the ini files in the cache directory, with their hard coded paths, but if you made it this far you probably figured that out already.

    ref: https://rnd-solutions.net/2015/01/lower_case_table_names-how-to-configure-aws-rds-mysql/

    ref: https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/identifier-case-sensitivity.html

    R_J
Sign In or Register to comment.