Tutorial: How to use locale developer config statement to identify changeable words (translations)
can't figure out a translation (how to change wording or translate wording) on a particular page!
Here is a tutorial.
1) browse to the particular forum page. stay there.
2) open up a new tab in browser if you use a browser to edit your conf/config.php
3) change the line to TRUE or add it if it doesn't exist.
- $Configuration['Garden']['Locales']['DeveloperMode'] = TRUE;
4) after you save the config.php reload the particular forum page from step 1
5) look in the cache folder on your server, you will see
a file beginning with the word locale-developer-
e.g. locale-developer-en-CA.php or locale-developer-en.php (depending on locale language and version).
6) this file will contain minimum of all the translations that would be on that forum page.
7) WHEN YOU ARE FINISHED collecting translations make sure you
edit the config.php and change the statement to FALSE.
$Configuration['Garden']['Locales']['DeveloperMode'] = FALSE;
8) if you don't pay attention to step 7, you may run out of memory.
9) read step 7 a few more times.
note: if more than one user is looking at your forum - you may have translations from other pages as well.
you can also see the link below for further info on how to apply and use these collected definitions and add them to your conf/locale.php, etc.
I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.