Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Incorrect forum path - How to fix that?

My forum path looks like this:
It's not right, it's supposed to be /forum/ not /home/fireladb/public_html/emekaflyff/forum.

I tried looking around the admin dashboard to see if I can change this, but nothing found.

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

This has nothing to do with the application. You need to have your host fix that for you.

You should know that x10 free Host is not the best choice for this software.

• Options
    FireladFirelad New
    edited October 2015

No way. x10Hosting supports Vanilla. That answer does not help at all.
    EDIT: Either way, I'll look in cPanel.

• Options

It's fixed by installing from cPanel since they already provided it.

• Options

@Firelad said:
    No way. x10Hosting supports Vanilla.

No, they do not support any applications you install. The only thing they support is their servers and that is stretching it. If you violate any of their TOS they suspend your account. You will not have enough memory to use all of the plugins and themes available. You are not allowed to have users upload images. Etc Etc. I am sure you will figure it out eventually...

It's fixed by installing from cPanel since they already provided it.

Make sure it is the current version because they also are known to distribute old versions that have security issues.

• Options

@vrijvlinder said:
    No, they do not support any applications you install. The only thing they support is their servers and that is stretching it.

No, they do support as they stated it.

@vrijvlinder said:
    Make sure it is the current version because they also are known to distribute old versions that have security issues.

It is latest version. I've confirmed it myself.

Also, I was wrong. It still processes the wrong URL, and then I realized: edit .htaccess file. Look at this file:
    # Original
    # If you modify this file then change the above line to: # Modified
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    # Certain hosts may require the following line.
    # If vanilla is in a subfolder then you need to specify it after the /.
    # (ex. You put Vanilla in /forum so change the next line to: RewriteBase /forum)
    # RewriteBase /
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php\?p=$1 [QSA,L]
    </IfModule>

If you read line 5 - 7, you'll finally get it. All I did was uncomment RewriteBase / and then put forum in RewriteBase /.

You understand now? Do not judge the book by its cover. :)

• Options

I do not think you know what "Support" Means... Even in paid hosting the host does not provide tech support for scripts you install. In fact we do not provide support either. We volunteer to help those who need it.

You should look at the category "Tutorials" before asking anymore questions.

• Options

I do not think you know what "support" means either.

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Glad you found the right way to solve this problem!

But like vrijvlinder I would be careful about the preinstalled script. It's really impressing that they are already up to date with the current version of Vanilla. I wouldn't expect that... :+1: