Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Setting Categories as the default page for Vanilla

edited October 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi All,

Just installed Vanilla for a client and I'm pretty impressed. I know Vanilla is discussion oriented vs. category oriented.

I saw one post at: http://lussumo.com/community/discussion/1334/set-categories-as-homepage-starting-point-frontpage-/#Item_0

However, from the date I assume its pre-Vanilla 1 release. Is there a simple way of making the default page for Vanilla the category listing and not the discussion view without using Meta or PHP Header redirects?

Thanks!
Cent

Comments

• Options
    TreyTrey Charlotte NC New
    you could always link to the categories page instead of the discussions page from whereever you're linking it from.

I havent tried setting it with .htaccess but it could work.. change categories.php below to the actual name of the categories page (I dont remember what it is cause I'm using the friend urls on my forum), and just place it in your .htaccess file in the root directory.

Directory Index categories.php
  • Options
    I would like to know how to do this also.
  • Options
    I don't know much about .htaccess, but i added this above the discussions section and it seemed to work.

#Home
    RewriteRule ^$ categories.php [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^/$ categories.php [QSA,L]
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    i'd like to know the best way to do this aswell or how i could create an extension for it?

edit/ ah nevermind.. didnt see this...
This discussion has been closed.