Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

20'' iMac Core Duo

edited August 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
After a long day spent at the Apple Store, I'm now the proud owner of a new 20'' iMac Core Duo. :)

It was really quite a hassle, though... I got home with the iMac, and it was DOA. So I had to go back and get a replacement. Oh well.

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2006
    I just got a MacBook Pro and MacBook and the Pro was "pronounced" DOA, as the lid/ screen would not close. As it was the glossy screen one and because I got it on Friday, I have to wait until they order another one on Monday which will take about 8 days to come in. I hear the iMacs are great. The Intel chips really make a difference, even with Photoshop and Illustrator running on Rosetta. Congratulations though.
  • Options
    I have a 20" iMac as well, its freaking sweet :)
  • Options
    just got a refurbed mini solo 5 days ago. 1st mac, definitely not my last. absolutely in love.

saving up for a more powerful tower now, and am done with microsoft (for the most part).

congrats on your purchase :)
  • Options
    Got a MacBook Pro. This is my 3rd mac since 2003 and I've LOVED each one...keep switching since they actually hold resale value (unlike those ugly plastic doorstops known as Dells) and I love to have the latest! And now that they run Windows if you need them too....wow! How can you NOT want one? :)
  • Options
    I'm impressed with the speed. And yes, Intel does make a huge difference. :) -Justin
  • Options
    rdlomas, it's not an issue of *wanting* one, trust me! more an issue of being able to afford one and then justifying it! :(
  • Options
    I'd love to be able to afford one of these too.
  • Options
    Justifying is no problem, I'm waiting for Adobe to pull their finger out and release the Intel versions of CS! (CS3?)

Then we wait for the industry to embrace CS3 and/or hope it is CS2 compatible!
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    Very true about the expense... @Wanderer: Good point about the Adobe thing. The Adobe apps work just fine in Rosetta, but I can't wait to see the speed once they are Universal Apps! Just depends how much and for what you use those apps. I wouldn't recommend it for heavy photoshop use....slugs around a bit even on my MBP 2.16ghz with 2gb RAM.
  • Options
    Congrats on the iMac! I'm really having a hard time deciding if I want to sell my Canon 300D and buy a Canon 30D with a new lens, or if I want to save a bit longer and finally buy a laptop (MacBook Pro).
  • Options
    If you do want to sell your 300D i might be interested.
  • Options
    i am also interested in this 300d if minisweeper does not want it.
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    I just run Xubuntu on my Sony Vaio VGC-RA710G. I am somewhat impressed with the new Macs though, a bit expensive tho. The one thing that is somewhat of a showstopper for me, is you can't really customize an iMac, so I'd want to wait til they decide to make Intel PowerMacs.
  • Options
    "The one thing that is somewhat of a showstopper for me, is you can't really customize an iMac, so I'd want to wait til they decide to make Intel PowerMacs."

You mean like today? =o)
  • Options
    That was fast! LOL! Now I would need that much spare money and a good excuse to buy it. ^^;;
  • Options
    TreyTrey Charlotte NC New
    they just came out with that mac pro today? I havent checked out their website in a few weeks, but I dont remember seeing that one on the front page! <i>$2,499.00</i>!! daaamnn I wish I had that kinda money I've been debating on saving my money to get one of the mac books, but since they just released this I may have to save up some more money to get it. I've never messed on a mac, and personally, I cant wait till I can. I just wanna check everything out with it and see how they work. I heard that the mac books get hot if they were turned on for awhile, but the guy that told me that sent me to some site for a blog on how to fix it, so thats really not to much of a problem. One of these months I'll get one haha
This discussion has been closed.