Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

*HELP* Plugin Crashed Site - What to Do

Hello,
I recently installed Favicon plugin for Vanilla 2.1.13 thinking that it would work.

Well, after installation, my entire site at bestschools.ca/forum has disappeared and the bootstrap theme has become broken.

I have disabled the plugin and removed all traces of it from the config.php file. I have also deleted the Favicon directory in /plugins from my site.

How can I restore my site aside from completely re-installing Bootstrap? Is there something I'm missing?

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

In conf/config.php, add this line

$Configuration['Debug'] = TRUE;

if it doesn't exist, or set it to TRUE if it is FALSE.

Report the actual error here.

• Options

The page doesn't display any error because it is blank. I had no other way but to re-install the entire theme and then re-upload appropriate php files. It seems to work now. I've also made a note in the Excel to indicate that Favicon is not stable in 2.1

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Really? it works for me... hmmm you should have a cgi error log in your host UI and you should be able to see what exactly went wrong ... It could help others if they run into the same issue. This plugin, all it does is add meta tags in the head with the link to the favicons. It has no effects on the forum at all. You simply add the images for the devices and the plugin adds the pertaining meta tags. It never interferes with forum function.

• Options

Yeah, I'll take a look into it to help others.
    Also, I'm trying to add additional pages to my site, i.e. /forum/privacy etc. Using the ExtraPages app, it also adds it to the menu bar on the top - which I don't want. I tried searching for the code to make in visibility: hidden but I can't find the code as it seems to be in the navbar. Any idea?

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@benjy000

Are you saying that when you set debug in config.php no error was returned?

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@whu606 said:
    @benjy000

Are you saying that when you set debug in config.php no error was returned?

That might have been a side effect of "cleaning a theme from a plugin" ;)
    A php error could cause that, too and that would only be visible if you change display_errors in the index.php

• Options

Yes exactly no debug error appeared