Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Newest Members Listing?

edited July 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Is is possible to add a listing (maybe under the "Who's Online" section) of the newest members who have joined? I know I've seen PHP forums who have it. Would be nice to see who has joined since the last time I logged in.

:~D

Comments

• Options
    check Forum Statistics 0.2.8, I think it can do that.
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    Ah that would be great but that is the one extension that will not work for me. I get the following errors when I try to modify settings or go to the discussion page:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Warning: unlink(/hsphere/local/home/dstewart/thebay3d.com/forum/extensions/Statistics/options.inc): Permission denied in /hsphere/local/home/dstewart/thebay3d.com/forum/extensions/Statistics/default.php on line 59

Warning: fopen(/hsphere/local/home/dstewart/thebay3d.com/forum/extensions/Statistics/options.inc): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /hsphere/local/home/dstewart/thebay3d.com/forum/extensions/Statistics/default.php on line 60

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /hsphere/local/home/dstewart/thebay3d.com/forum/extensions/Statistics/default.php on line 61

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /hsphere/local/home/dstewart/thebay3d.com/forum/extensions/Statistics/default.php on line 62

Warning: chmod(): Operation not permitted in /hsphere/local/home/dstewart/thebay3d.com/forum/extensions/Statistics/default.php on line 63

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the other extensions worked really easy so I had just given up on this one. Can you give me a clue as to what the problem is? BTW I did try uninstalling, deleting the extension and re-downloading and reinstalling - but that didn't help. (Running XP Pro)

Thanks
  • Options
    Donza looks like you just need to chmod your options.inc file to 777
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    Hahahah - sure! I knew that.

Umm - can you tell me how to do it???

And what does CHMOD stand for BTW??

LOL
  • Options
    im not sure though :P try it err in your ftp manager go to the file and right click and go chmod.
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    Ah ha!! OK my control panel didn't have anything called CHMOD but it did have a place to set permissions so I set everything to read and write (hope that doesn't cause any probs) and now the Discussion page is ok and the statistics are showing BUT when I go to Modify the Statistics I get the following error on that page:

Warning: unlink(/hsphere/local/home/dstewart/thebay3d.com/forum/extensions/Statistics/options.inc): Permission denied in /hsphere/local/home/dstewart/thebay3d.com/forum/extensions/Statistics/default.php on line 59

Warning: chmod(): Operation not permitted in /hsphere/local/home/dstewart/thebay3d.com/forum/extensions/Statistics/default.php on line 63

And I never did find a place where I could set CHMOD to 777.

But anyway it looks like other than that error message (which only shows on the modify statistics page) it's working fine.

Thank you!
  • Options
    Do you know if your server is running php in safe mode?
  • Options
    Mini
    No I don't know - how would I tell?
  • Options
    Good question. There's probably a way but your host should definitely be able to tell you.
  • Options
    hahaha - they don't answer questions very well.
  • Options
    Can you get a phpinfo file online?
    Make yourself a file called phpinfo.php and inside it put
    <?php echo phpinfo(); ?>
    then upload it to somewhere on your server and link us it.
  • Options
    I had the same problem, the Apache server had taken ownership of the files.
    I had to get my ISP support crew to change the owner to me and to to 777 also referred to as rwxrwxrwx.

By the way, CHMOD stands for CHange MODe
This discussion has been closed.