Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Advanced Editor Plugin

after updating to Vanilla 2.2 Editor is not showing in New Discussion. Please help

Comments

• Options

my site fintaxinfo.in

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2015

how could we possibly tell by going to your site?

guests can not create a new discussion.
    think about it carefully.

you could however attach an image.

the reason why it might not show is broken js or you haven't enabled plugin. check for errors.
    make sure plugin is enabled. one assumes you enabled the advanced editor plugin and disabled the other editor plugins.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

its showing in comments but not in New Discussion.

New.jpg 74.2K
  • Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2015

change to the default theme and see if it works.

if it works in default theme, sounds like you have a broken theme.
    use a theme that works properly.

this may be the tip of the iceberg if it is theme related. - if your theme doesn't work properly, there could be other issues (i.e. security issues with your theme If you have overridden views or helper files that are stale pre 2.2, I would be very careful)

item c) in link below

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/233540/#Comment_233540

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/31153/tutorial-a-fool-proof-way-to-do-a-vanilla-upgrade-from-2-1-to-2-2

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited November 2015

If it is showing in one area of the forum and not another, you might want to check that the relevant element isn't being hidden by CSS on specific pages.

It shows on the new discussion page of my test install.

• Options

Yup Thanks :)