Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Deleting Comments?

edited August 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Is there anyway to delete comments as an admin without using an extension. (The comment removal extension requires MySQL 4.1, which I don't have and can't get) Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Are you comfortable accessing your database directly or using an interface like phpmyadmin?
  • Options
    If its possible, then i'll give anything a try.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Someone should really make that comment removal extension compatible with all versions of mysql. It can't be that difficult.
  • Options
     Quote: Mark  Someone should really make that comment removal extension compatible with all versions of mysql.
    It can't be that difficult.
    Hallelujah brother, when can we say amen to that?
    I'd like to open my Vanilla forum to the public, it will happen 2 minutes after I get such an extension working.

Someone? Anyone?
  • Options
    Looks at extension code...

Holy sub-queries batman. I don't see why these should be used here, they still count as a query each and they aren't necessary. Needs some optimization too (at a quick look I count about 3 superfluous queries).

It's not a difficult rewrite per se, just a little time consuming.
  • Options
    I'm guessing we might see an update to the comment removal extension? Would be quiet handy.
  • Options
    Jumpin' catfish Batman, looks like Catwoman's on the trail!
  • Options
    I'd want to leave it up to the extension author, unless he's not interested/doesn't have the time. :)
This discussion has been closed.