Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Issues Upgrading to 2.2

edited November 2015 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

What I've done:

• Copy my live site to a new folder
  • Copy my database and repoint the new site to the new database
  • Test the new site (everything is working)
  • Unzip vanilla 2.2 over the new site

Now when I navigate to the new site, I'm getting a 500 error. Digging into my apache logs, I see the following:
Call to a member function HasNewMethod() on a non-object in /var/www/old site/library/core/class.pluggable.php on line 188

I'm guessing I need to change a setting somewhere to repoint vanilla to my new site?

Comments

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@degenerate

Have you followed all the steps here:

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/31153/tutorial-a-fool-proof-way-to-do-a-vanilla-upgrade-from-2-1-to-2-2#latest

Particularly, have you deleted the ini files from your cache folder?

• Options

Many thanks! Clearing out the cached .ini files did the trick!

Also, thanks for passing along the link. I'll definitely be following the steps for future upgrades :)

• Options

So everything went fine in my staging environment, but I ran into an issue after deploying 2.2 to my live site.

For the most part, everything seems to have worked. Users are able to browse the site, post etc... I am able to do all my regular stuff on the dashboard. The only problem, is when I try and manage my categories, I redirect to the following URL and an error message is displayed:
    /vanilla/index.php?p=/dashboard/setup

Some of your folders do not have the correct permissions.

Using your ftp client, or via command line, make sure that the following permissions are set for your vanilla installation:

chmod -R 777 /var/www/sitename/vanilla/conf
    chmod -R 777 /var/www/sitename/vanilla/uploads
    chmod -R 777 /var/www/sitename/vanilla/cache

I have ensured that the permissions on those folder are set correctly. Not sure where to go next with this?

• Options

UPDATE
    I re-verified the permissions... I must have missed something previously, because I am no longer receiving a permissions error. However, I am still being redirected to /vanilla/index.php?p=/dashboard/setup when I click on Forum>Categories or Forum>Advanced from the dashboard.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Your htaccess file needs fixing, I would reupload the file via ftp and make sure the htaccess file is pointing to the right place etc.

If you are being sent to a setup page something may be funky with the config.php

• Options

Thanks, I will take a look when I get home from work. Is there any way to generate a "fresh" config.php? If I follow the setup with my existing details, is there any risk of damage to my existing database?

• Options

So, my staging site is still working... so I tried to copy the .htaccess file and config.php file from there, and I'm still having issues with the 2 admin sections.

Only Forum>Categories and Forum>Advanced, as well as Moderation>Flood Control are causing an issue. I seem to be able to modify anything else on the Dashboard without a problem.

I also pointed the staging site to the live database, and am able to use all functions without problems.