Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Announcing the ImgurUpload plugin

2»

Comments

• Wonder what's causing this then...

http://i.imgur.com/5prw7ye.png

Using Advanced Editor and HTML mode.

• jamesincjamesinc Sydney ✭✭

Advanced Editor has that functionality built-in. See my post above for more information on disabling that aspect of Advanced Editor.

• I've tried adding either that to my config file and it just makes the Imgur plugin stop working. It still asks to drag/drop the file but won't do anything.

@Simeon_Griggs I had a go just now with...

$Configuration['Garden']['AllowFileUploads'] = false;

...and it worked for me, however it did not wrap the link correctly in an image tag. I will release a fix for that shortly.

This was on a default Vanilla 2.2 installation with only AdvancedEditor (in HTML mode) and my own plugin.

Generally though I can see full 2.2 compatibility will require some additional work, especially for WYSIWYG mode.

• Funnily enough it looks like users can do it but admins can't! :confounded:

• @jamesinc, thanks for your detailed response and your awesome plugin. Can't get it working but it worked marvelous one time. It's a fantastic idea.

• Hello, anyone to make this work for v 2.2 ? IF not can you recommend any alternative img uploading plugin?

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited April 2016

Use the one that comes with v2.2 which is attached to the editor plugin…it has drag and drop and multiple uploads...

• maxyaegermaxyaeger New
    edited April 2016

Thank you but is it possible to store the images in imgur or other sites? My storage is limited

• update:

I got this working except for it doesn't wrap the image with the required code to embed the image, for short it only shows a link.

Thanks

Hey, I have a fix for that... sorry I've been slack getting updates out. Basically the problem is that 2.2 removed the InputFormat key from gdn.meta in JS, and this is the key used by the plugin to determine the markup language. Let me see what I can do.

@maxyaeger I have released v1.0.4 just now. Could you let me know if that fixes the issue for you?

• SWEET! It works now. The benefits of this plugin for me is really huge, less size on my disk and faster load since ppl will pull image from other sites. Also knowing imgur i've used them before the images are kept forever based on their site.

Thanks again! ! !

@maxyaeger that's exactly why I wrote it! To do the same thing on my own forums. Thanks for the feedback.