Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

reservations\ events

ToivoToivo New
edited August 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
It could be a modification to the poll. Register for the event. Your name will appear on the list (barbeque for your friends).Add calendar integration. Reservation of any limited resource like books, rooms etc. In this case the list has to be sorted by date. First one will get it, then the second one etc. (share books or dvd-s with your friends) Doable (as all the other wishes)?

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2006
    I'd like to see this come into fruition.

-edit- Thinking more on this, I could see this being a very great thing. If you are using it as a friend-ring, you can schedule get-togethers. If you are a band, you could use this to promote shows, schedule carpools and sell/send tickets. If you are using this like I do as a client management tool, you can schedule meetings with your clients, allowing them to RSVP, upload an agenda (with the help of the Attachments extension), and even reschedule if needs be.

I'd like to see this happen and work well with different permissions. Maybe, each event, the admin could decide who sees it and who doesn't?

I'm far from a coder, btw. Just a free thinker : )
  • Options
    ToivoToivo New
    edited August 2006
    "I'd like to see this happen and work well with different permissions. Maybe, each event, the admin could decide who sees it and who doesn't?" I guess this is just too much (coding). Closed forum if you want it to be seen only by some insiders. p.s. it would be a hit for a hosted forum service.
  • Options
    Not necessarily. You could create a discussion called, "Meeting: August 8th," in Client X's category. Therefor, Client X and the admins can see but no one else. Then, in the discussion itself, integrate the ToDo extension's functionality of date, add a table for time, and then that information would automatically be added to the calendar.

Would this be difficult to create? I have no idea. But, we already have the ToDo extension, and I know there was another discussion concerning dev of a calendar. Combine the two ideas, and it COULD work. Anyone else thinking that this is too far off base?
  • Options
    ToivoToivo New
    edited August 2006
    I would pay for it but not in the foreseeable future (2 months) So I hope someone just codes it for fun. ;)
This discussion has been closed.