Facebook OAuth problem - UniqueID is still required
We are a secret Facebook group with nearly 50 000 members, half of them active and we are moving from Facebook to site-based community. We would like to have a smooth transition for members, and so the Facebook integration and authentication plays big role in our forum. There is only one problem - it does not work. I have searched for help, but somehow I haven't figured out how to connect FB to our forum. We have created a Facebook app, checked its configuration at least ten times, given right app secrets and so, but somehow after authorizing a Facebook account it still complains about UniqueID and tells to give email address and username. When I made an account here to ask for help Facebook auth played well so I know it is possible to have FB authentication. Could someone help with this one? I don't want to write the FB OAuth code for myself, it requires lots of testing and time (and I'm in a kind of hurry and haven't written PHP for ages).
- Downloaded the forum software from official Vanillaforums download page
- Configured forum here and there
- Created a Facebook website app (following these (official?) instructions)
- Tried to log in via FB to see that it doesn't work
- Wandered around trying to find a fix or at least a bug (during it I have changed many lines in code, and now the FB plugin file is fresh one from GitHub master branch)
- Writing this report about the situation.
Just wondering how it's implemented here, as I previously said it works fine and I even created my account via FB auth to ask for help here.