Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Wordpress comments embeding wrong

edited January 2016 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Okey this happens:

1) i log in over the embedded comments form
2) starts to reload the comment form with my profile logged in
3) it reloads the whole embedded page again with loaded account instead of just comment form.

In other words instead of just loging in, it logs me in and embeds the whole website instead of just logged in comment form.

Anyone knows what could be the problem? cloudflare?

Comments

• You shouldn't really be signing in.

That should be sorted by SSO / jsConnect. You should be signing in on wordpress end.

grep is your friend.

• edited January 2016

@x00 users don't have any reason to log in wordpress system. They only use forum and naturally forum embeded comments for wordpress.

This is what is returned after sign-in action is made. It does however sign-in, just it returns whole website instead of just comments. It worked as a charm for months, now suddenly this is happening.

Any ideas what might be the problem? I think it started after the latest wordpress update, or some kind of a cloudflare conflict maybe.

• edited January 2016

It's like the sign-in popup redirects on a wrong way, instead of just logging in he opens again the whole website in an iframe. When i unchecked "Use popups for sign in pages." in vanilla dashboard, then sign in process would go correctly without iframing whole website in comments area. Suggesting there is a problem with link structure of sign-in popup?

Is the link target issue here?

• Now i noticed that if i click any of the links inside the embedded comments it will open the link inside the comment area as a new page.

Seriously, has anyone got any idea what might be wrong here?

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Please post a link to see what might be wrong. The pop up link goes to forum/entry/signin?Target=discussions

• @vrijvlinder yes the popup link goes like forum/entry/signin?Target=website/article123

it does the log in action correctly, but then it returns the whole website in a iframe instead of just comments area.

Also links that users put in their entries are opened inside an iframe in the comments area. Other links such as profile links work normally and lead to actual forum, they don't open inside an iframe.

I disabled the pop-up signin for now. Still would like to fix it.

• edited January 2016

/library/core/functions.render.php

`if (!function_exists('signInUrl')) {
        function signInUrl($target = '', $force = false) {
            // Check to see if there is even a sign in button.
            if (!$force && strcasecmp(C('Garden.Registration.Method'), 'Connect') !== 0) {
                $defaultProvider = Gdn_AuthenticationProviderModel::GetDefault();
                if ($defaultProvider && !val('SignInUrl', $defaultProvider)) {
                    return '';
                }
            }

return '/entry/signin'.($target ? '?Target='.urlencode($target) : '');
        }
    }`

I'm guessing somewhere here a target should be changed maybe? or _top attribute added?