Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Integration with an existing Site

Hi (hope im posting in the right area)
I run a friendship \ community site based on datingscript.com the site works fine and we have a decent number of users they are all 50 or older, we have members in their late 80's - so things need to be simple for them. I want to add a discussion forum and Vanilla looks great. I dont want them to have to login twice so in practical terms once they have logged into my site they need to click on a menu link and be straight into the forum, additionally if a users leaves I would not want to lose any messages they may have posted - I appreciate this is very high level but in principle can Vanilla meet my need (I am a little bit techie but appreciate I may need to pay a developer) Regards John B

Comments

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@johnberman

Welcome to the Vanilla community.

This addon should meet your needs: https://vanillaforums.org/addon/jsconnect-plugin

As to losing messages, all the forum data is stored in a database, and by default users are not able to delete their own messages, so that shouldn't be an issue either.

• well I have installed the forum and the jsconnect - that was all straightg forward - then I read the instructions err way beyond me are there any approved vanilla developers ?

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

I don't know about 'approved' but there are a number of very good developers on the forum.

If you want to hire someone, I'd suggest starting a new topic, with an outline of what you want done, and an idea of budget.