Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Question about forum email settings

steamsteam www.planamigo.org - #1 foro planes amigo

I have a question about forum email settings.

In my forum when User1 sends to User2 the private message, User2 receives on email "from" email from my hosting and on "to" have User2 email.
When User2 reply email message by gmail to User1 is sent to me because my email came on "from".

On Vanilla Forums you can see that it is sending by User1 through by hosting, and you can reply directly from gmail to User2.
Someone can clarify what settings I need to fix up? Settings vanilla forum or my email configuration of my hosting.

Thanks.

Answers

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

I think reply by email is a proprietary addon for hosted Vanilla.

• steamsteam www.planamigo.org - #1 foro planes amigo

Can I change reply-to on the vanilla sending message ?

• kopnakopna Coimbra Portugal ☯

steam, búsca /dashboard/settings/email, cambio para "Use an SMTP server to send email" , utilizar el envío de correo electrónico de vainilla, preferiblemente en una sola dirección ->forum - >por el usuario.

@kopna dijo:
    steam, búsca /dashboard/settings/email, cambio para "Use an SMTP server to send email" , utilizar el envío de correo electrónico de vainilla, preferiblemente en una sola dirección ->forum - >por el usuario.

I have tested with my hosting provider smtp configuration

$Configuration['Garden']['Email']['UseSmtp'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['Garden']['Email']['SmtpHost'] = 'mail_smtp';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Email']['SmtpUser'] = 'email_test@mail.com';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Email']['SmtpPassword'] = 'password';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Email']['SmtpPort'] = '587';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Email']['SmtpSecurity'] = 'tls'; // ssl/tls

This configuration is sending email through smtp server but on the "From" I still have my hosting provider email.
    And I want to have in "From" user email who sending private message to can reply to.

I think I need to change code where vanilla is composing a message and put "reply to" the user who sending message.

This configuration is sending email through smtp server but on the "From" I still have my hosting provider email.
    And I want to have in "From" user email who sending private message to can reply to.
    I think I need to change vanilla code where is composing a message and put "reply to" the user email.

Something like this payment service
    https://vanillaforums.org/addon/replybyemail-plugin

The simple solution could be put in the message text - "to respond to the user use - useremail@mail.com"