Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Something has gone wrong error shows up, help me fix this.

hi guys, i m new to Vanilla forums and i just installed the forum on www.opiate-addicts.com
i can see the dashboard, i can make changes etc, but when it comes to homepage i can only see the 404 errot page, i mean the Something has gone wrong, check back in a little while.

i have found a fix to the pronlem by setting permissions to 777 on /cache/Smarty/compile.

i still recieve the error. is there anything elese that can help me fix the problem?
i really like vanilla forums and i dont want to change it with another forum, but if there is no fix i assume i have to go with another forum.

guys please help me with this.

Answers

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
  • Options
    tisufatisufa DKI JAKARTA New

@lyricaandcoffee said:
    hi guys, i m new to Vanilla forums and i just installed the forum on www.opiate-addicts.com
    i can see the dashboard, i can make changes etc, but when it comes to homepage i can only see the 404 errot page, i mean the Something has gone wrong, check back in a little while.

i have found a fix to the pronlem by setting permissions to 777 on /cache/Smarty/compile.

i still recieve the error. is there anything elese that can help me fix the problem?
    i really like vanilla forums and i dont want to change it with another forum, but if there is no fix i assume i have to go with another forum.

guys please help me with this.

https://youtu.be/oFDHA_6s1bQ

to solve "Something Has Gone Wrong" in Vanilla Forum.

May be useful.

This discussion has been closed.