Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Suggestion: Mention the technology Vanilla uses/requires

edited July 2005 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Somewhere prominent and permanent. So we don't have to click around /community/ looking for PHP file extensions and guessing which DB it uses. Besides that mildly frustrating introduction, it really does look sweet from the front-end.

Comments

• MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    I'm working on the documentation at lussumo.com/docs. Hopefully all of that will become clear soon. This is just a spare-time thing for me, though. I'm going as fast as I can.
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    shauninman: I just added the language / database to getvanilla.com:

Basically, we wanted the thing to work for us instead of against us. Most importantly we wanted it to be free and we wanted it to run on just about every web server out there. So, Vanilla is a PHP / MySQL solution that is 100% open-source.

It's in the first paragraph in the "Meet Vanilla" section near the top. I can't believe I forgot to mention that on the main page. Thanks for the tip.
  • Awesome. Sorry if I came across curt or whatnot, Vanilla is pretty much exactly what I was looking for in a forum and it was a little frustrating not knowing if I could use it with my set-up. I understand completely the demands of developing in your spare time. Your addition is perfect, clears the confusion right up.
This discussion has been closed.