Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to delete the menu and edit the template?

It is the hardest CMS to customization that I have never seen :(

I have this forum
and I want to make something like this
I downloaded the plugin CSS editor and the plugin HTML editor

and I dont find anything to delete the left menu, to move the top menu and to edit the positibits etc.

I really liked this CMS because the ghostban and the Yet Another Gamification, the best things to forums and that any other CMS can give
but I didnt expected that it would be so difficult to edit anything

Please, some help as little would be I will be eternal thanked to you
Thank you very much :)

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited February 2016

Try another theme, like Bootstrap which offers more options, or find something as similar to what you want in order to edit less.

The default.master.tpl or default.master.php are the files that contain the template and the hard coded links and such, where you can alter the layout. Inside of your custom theme views folder.

But for style you need to learn how to use a web inspector and edit the css to your liking.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

It's not that hard once you’ve understood the structure behind Vanilla. The wiki can give you a start: http://vanillawiki.homebrewforums.net/index.php/Category:Designer

Don’t hesitate to ask if you get stuck.

By the way: with the HTMLEdit plugin you should be able to delete the {asset name="Panel"} and the surrounding div. That should be the first step for you