Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Every Theme is not correct visualized

I want to make my forum [forum.utopano.de] better and have installed some Themes, but when i want to see the preview of the theme it´s not correct visualized **and i see no graphics. The only thing i see are **the links for example categories, disscussions and so on.
What must i do that everybody see the themes correctly ?

Thanks Rob

Best Answer

Answers

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@rob_utopano

Welcome to the community.

If you are still running a 2.1 installation you should update to 2.2 as soon as possible. 2.1 contains serious security flaws.

Please post some screenshots of what is happening, so we can get a better idea.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

It looks like your forum is not loading and times out, so it is only loading some resources but not others. You might have other problems besides this one...

• A bunch of themes haven't been updated to work with the current version of Vanilla, and the theme you're using specifically hasn't been updated in four years. Unfortunately, the themes I've tested have not thrown any errors in the console nor in Vanilla's debug backtrace, so you'll probably have to go through the theme and experiment to find the issues

• Ok thanks for your answers !
    I think the server has no Problems i have many websites with different systems like CMS-Typo3, Support System and so on but never i have problems with themes.

Have anyone an website with current updatet themes ?

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@rob_utopano

Please confirm that the installation works as expected with the default theme enabled.

• EclipseEclipse New
    edited March 2016

@whu606 Yes, I looked at his site and the default theme is displaying properly.

@rob_utopano Here's the list of recent, popular themes that should all work https://vanillaforums.org/addon/browse/themes/recent/popular/

• Thanks !

• I have tested the deepspace theme, but it doesn´t work it looks like the picture above !

• EclipseEclipse New
    edited March 2016

@rob_utopano Deepspace theme doesn't work for me either. The description says it was tested on 2.2, so I would try getting in contact with the author, @vrijvlinder

• ok,but every theme is so at my screen !

You need to fix your htaccess file and set RewriteUrl True in the config.php Not having this properly set up is affecting your forum badly .

DeepSpace works for me. If it does not work for someone I would appreciate a better explanation and a link to see why it does not work . It works for me.

• @vrijvlinder I am using my own custom theme, but I will switch to Deepspace on a testing directory and PM you access info if you would like to see the display issues. Other than a few JS errors due to looking for the social media icons in the wrong directory, it is not generating any other errors in either the developer tools console nor the Vanilla debug backtrace that I can discern

It also depends what theme within that one you are using, the default.master.php is different for the parallax and also there is one for 2.0 as well as 2.1 so you need to make sure which one you are using and for what.

@Eclipse said:
    @whu606 Yes, I looked at his site and the default theme is displaying properly.

This is not true, it may look like it is but does not have his htaccess file correct and does not have rewrite url turned on. As I said before, he needs to fix these things first.

• @vrijvlinder Ah okay that fixed it. Now only the preview display is messed up, but applying the theme works as intended. Hopefully the same works for the OP

@rob_utopano Try actually applying the themes, not just using the preview