Vanilla in my current worflow: need advices
Hello everybody !
I need help because I want a forum for my website but I have multiple questions, I want to know to the solution in view of the situation.
Users of my website want to discuss and create content. I think forum is the best solution to make them happy. But I have a particular worflow and I need your advices.
Here the situation, my website consists of: a blog created with WordPress and a questions/answers system created with Q2A. Users are set in WP database. The Q/A system include the WP system to allow WP users to post topics and messages in Q/A. Users publish comments in each blog post too.
Here are my questions:
1. Can Vanilla use WP system to allow WP users to post, edit, etc. topics and messages in Vanilla forum?
2. If yes, are there limitations due to external users? For exemple, in Q2A system, private messages, wall and others stuffs are not available because it use external users with WordPress
3. I see I can embbed Vanilla in a page of my blog with JS call. But I don't like this method, it is realy reliable?
4. If no, I want to create custom template for my Vanilla forum. But I absolutely want my blog header, sidebar and footer to be in my Vanilla forum. I want users to not see the switch between blog and forum. Is this possible? Can I (in PHP) call and include twig files of my WordPress template?
5. Can I create custom actions that extend Vanilla actions? An exemple : when a user respond to another user in a topic, I would like to catch this action and write my own code to do something on my WordPress website. Is it possible?
6. Have you got any advices with my current workflow or with WordPress integration?
7. Is there a better solution (another forum software) which is more efficient for my website?
Thank you very much!