Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Anti-date

Is it possible to change the publish date of a post?

I am migrating (by hand) from another system to Vanilla and it would be great to keep the old date-order in tact...

Comments

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@dosch

Could you give an example of what you mean?

• Options

Sure!

I am moving a multiple author blog over to vanilla to allow for more discussion.

But the blog has posts going back to the start of 2013.
    Currently I am copy/pasting the blogs over, and that goes fine, it is just that original order is getting lost. As some posts refer to events or dates, I'd like to change the date of the post on the forum so it appears, for example, to be posted on 3 july 2013.

I hope that clarifies stuff.

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited April 2016

I saw somewhere else it is a relatively small number you are dealing with, so you could just edit

DateInserted

in the GDN_Comment table (and GDN_Discussion if relevant)

rather than do multiple SQL find and replaces.

• Options

yeah, I am not a real MySQL master.. (not at all to be honest) and I was hoping for a point and click solution with a plugin or a forum feature I have missed thus far...

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

There is no point and click solution in Vanilla. See if you can get access to the mysql with phpMyAdmin.

If not, you can try adminer, that's a one file mysql management script. You can simply copy that somewhere where you can access it with the browser.

Changing the "DateInserted" column in the GDN_Discussion table is really easy with such a config script.