Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

asset() function doubling up on the forum URL prefix

AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Headband AfficionadoCole Harbour, NS ✭✭✭

When I try to upload a non-image file:

I cleared my cache, I tried deactivating/reactivating Advanced editor. The call to asset() is happening in /plugins/editor/class.editor.plugin.php.

The reason I noticed this, is that the URL it was calling was /plugins/FileUpload/images/file.png. So the little file icon was missing for non-image files. Tried to fix it, and this is what happens.

I'm having another issue with advanced editor file uploads as well, in case you saw that error message (the 'GetComputedStyle' one). Images will upload, but they are attached instead of being inserted into the message. Similarly to another issue that was reported here, which was fixed, but a slightly different error message. I'm trying to hunt down the issue there.

Comments

• Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Headband Afficionado Cole Harbour, NS ✭✭✭

Weirdly, this only happens with an .ico file (so far). I've tried .txt and .xlsx files and they work fine.

???

• Options

The good news, for anyone who's following along as I talk to myself, is that I've figured out what's wrong. The bad news is that I'm not exactly sure if I've fixed it properly.

Editor v 1.7.2. class.editor.plugin.php:1562. The code here calls asset() on a URL, then feeds the result to redirect(). Both asset() and redirect() call GDN::Request->Url() to prepend the forum prefix.

My solution is to change

$url = asset('/plugins/editor/file.png');

to

$url = '/plugins/editor/file.png';

Seem correct to anybody?

• Options

Also, the first error is still there. I'm having a hell of a time tracking down the JS that's responsible for this. Any help would be greatly appreciated - you can see for yourself at

http://trstriathlon.com/TRSForum/discussion/1972/ask-a-random-triathlete-bike-transport-and-homestay-etiquette#latest

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Actually it may be better to do

$url=Url('plugins/editor/file.png');

If your forum is not in the root, this has helped me to change things as the example above to avoid 404 or doubled urls