Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Try Vanilla Forums Cloud product
Please upgrade to 2.3 here. The 2.2 and earlier branches are no longer being updated.

¿Call webservice from PHP? / JsConnect and JsConnect Auto Sign in already installed

This discussion is related to the Vanilla jsConnect addon.

Hello community,
I have running 100% correctly JsConnect + Auto Sign In on my forum, and I'm trying to integrate a webservice (https://oet.itesm.mx/portalOETWS/PortalOETWebService?wsdl) that gets user information automatically making the log in action.

This is my index.php where I think it might be placed the code containing the calling of the webservice from PHP

<?php 
require('functions.jsconnect.php');

// 1. Get your client ID and secret here. These must match those in your jsConnect settings.
$clientID = "xxx";
$secret = "xxx";

// 2. Grab the current user from your session management system or database here.

// Webservice Call
  $client = new SoapClient("https://oet.itesm.mx/portalOETWS/PortalOETWebService?wsdl");
  $result = $client->validausuario(); <---- This is the method of the webservice that validates the user and gets his information to create the profile, I think that this is like GET method
  $xml = $result->validausuario1Response; <--- And I think that this is like POST method of PHP, where the method has the information gives it to JsConnect ¿Am I right?

// XML Process
  $xml = simplexml_load_string($xml);
  foreach($xml->Table as $table) 
  {
    $output .= "<p>$table->Name</p>";
  }
  print_r($output); 

$signedIn = true; // this is just a placeholder
// YOUR CODE HERE.
// 3. Fill in the user information in a way that Vanilla can understand.
$user = array();
if ($signedIn) {
// CHANGE THESE FOUR LINES.
$user['uniqueid'] = '11223344';
$user['name'] = 'Wildfren Donovan';
$user['email'] = '[email protected]';
$user['photourl'] = '';
}
// 4. Generate the jsConnect string.
// This should be true unless you are testing. 
// You can also use a hash name like md5, sha1 etc which must be the name as the connection settings in Vanilla.
$secure = 'sha1';
    WriteJsConnect($user, $_GET, $clientID, $secret, $secure);  // for full page forum
    JsSSOString($user, $clientID, $secret);  // add this line if using an embedded forum (remove if not embedded)

I don't know If I need to integrate the code of the webservice with the part of if($signedIn) { //CHANGE THESE FOUR LINES or place it where it inside of some If - else ,

Don't worry, I'm still researching for information but It would be the world for me If I have your opinions and suggestions

Thanks again community