Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Integration with MediaWiki

edited October 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I've created a short tutorial on how to integrate Vanilla's authentication with MediaWiki.

Hopefully this is helpful for some people :)

Comments

• I will look carefully at this, though I am not fluent in PHP. How hard do you think it would be, in principle, to adapt this to other authentication systems. In this case, I am thinking of two PHP CMS products - Expression Engine or MODx?
  • This is pretty most solely on MediaWiki's end. It all depends on how the CMS' are setup. If they are extendable it could be fairly easy [IE supporting multiple authentication systems, like MediaWiki can].

I've never heard of those 2 engines however, so I'm unsure.
  • Would it work with other wikis?
  • Fantastic, this is exactly what I was hoping to find soon :)
  • LoOkOuTLoOkOuT
    edited August 2006
    Great work. Now if you could do this with wp you'd be a legend.

*hint*cough*hint*
  • Dinoboff, I'm unsure as I've never used another Wiki software.

Look Here, I will check if WP allows multiple auth systems. Or if there's an easy way to override.
  • thanks
  • Really nice going on that.

This is more a mediawiki question than a vanilla one, but I'm guessing (zinor) that you have quite a lot of experience with it...

In the same way that you can prevent some vanilla rolls from seeing certain categories, is the same possible with the wiki somehow? Eg is it possible to say that only users who are Role_X can see any of the Category_X on the wiki?
  • This not work on my localhost.

My vanilla username is: "sibel.ulas", but wiki is say "Sibel.ulas"

All other settings is correct. Etc. my mysql table, mysql user, mysql pass, only prefix is different.

Login error: There is no user by the name "Sibel.ulas". Check your spelling, or create a new account.
  • edited October 2006
    Change your vanilla username to Sibel.ulas? You can't have names (neither usernames nor wiki entries) in MediaWiki start with a lower case character, as far as I know.
This discussion has been closed.