HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.

Search Pagination Weirdness

Hey guys,

I integrated a vanilla forum into my main site and am quite happy with the results so far. While adapting the pagination in the search results I encountered some weird behaviour:

• Pagination is not numbered, but displayed as prev/next links only. As far as I understand there are two pagination types, but I did not find a suitable solution to change search results to numbered pagination as for example on this forum.
  • The Pagination is endless - although there are limited search results, pagination continues. If, for example, you search for 'test' on my forum like this: https://forum.sormena.org/search?Search=test there are no results but there is a "next" button showing up. As far as I can tell, this is due to lines 406-409 in class.pagermodule.php:

$HasNext = true;
    if ($this->CurrentRecords !== false && $this->CurrentRecords < $this->Limit) {
        $HasNext = false;
    }

'$this->CurrentRecords' is false, so $HasNext is true, even if there are no records at all. Seems like a bug to me?

Anyway, rather then using prev/next pagination I'd like to switch to numbered pagination in the first place. Is there any way to have this configured? I made no adaptions to the search functionality at all and until now I did not patch any core files, so if there is a clean way of setting this up the right way I'd be glad to know about!

Thanx for your help in advance!