Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Error: Running through the CMS installation process

Trying to install VF using Just Host MojoMarketplace and keep getting this error;

Running through the CMS installation process

Anyone know how to resolve?

Either through the JustHost platform or how I could get around it installing VF through FTP perhaps?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Don't use any hosters custom installer scripts: sooner or later you will run into problems and no one here will be able to help you then. Stick with the "manual" installation.

Setting up Vanilla from scratch is easy. Get a copy of the current Vanilla version https://vanillaforums.org/addon/vanilla-core), either upload the zip to your server and unzip it there (if you can) or unzip it on your local computer and upload all files via ftp.

You need a MySQL database and you should not user name and password as well as database name. The rest should not need any explanation at all, but just ask if you get stuck.

• @R_J said:
    Don't use any hosters custom installer scripts: sooner or later you will run into problems and no one here will be able to help you then. Stick with the "manual" installation.

Setting up Vanilla from scratch is easy. Get a copy of the current Vanilla version https://vanillaforums.org/addon/vanilla-core), either upload the zip to your server and unzip it there (if you can) or unzip it on your local computer and upload all files via ftp.

You need a MySQL database and you should not user name and password as well as database name. The rest should not need any explanation at all, but just ask if you get stuck.

Thanks, I'll give that a go. I've not done anything like this in six years since leaving University and it's a project for a club I'm with... We've just re-assigned the domain and moved all the content over but I'm having to re-add the forum to the new hosting and that's where we've run into serious problems so hopefully this will solve them. Thanks again!