Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Where are the options for E-Mail subscription?

Hey, I'm relatively new to Vanilla Forums but already did a few customizations. I cannot find any options for e-mail subscription to topics, categories and so on. Not everyone is checking the Forum every day, so it would be helpful to receive notifications, when something gets posted into a topic that a user already took part in or if he/she subcribed manually to a certain category. How can I achieve this?

I'm working with the latest open source version (2.2.1), not the cloud one.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Look at https://vanillaforums.org/profile/preferences There is already the option "Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in."

Only admins can choose to be notified when there is a new discussion in a specific category. This is a permission that is called "Advanced Notifications". You can go to the edit roles section of your forum and allow this also for members. You should only do so for small forums.

• Thank you!! Solved all my problems. :)