HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

plugin->isEnabled() has changed

R_JR_J Ex-FanboyMunich Admin

I tried to add custom rules to your plugin but found that there is a problem with GDN_plugins isEnabled() method

I do not know how you would like to handle it: write a custom function in your plugin that handles both config formats or drop that call throughout that code. To be honest: I even got so confused that I'm not able to judge if there really is any problem at all...

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

OMG! There is a function isEnabled so that you can implement a "second level" enable mechanism in plugins, correct?

O.o

Forget about that. Already the methods documentation shows how it should be used...

• BleistivtBleistivt Moderator

I always use c('EnabledPlugins.NAME') directly :D

Recently I've seen plugins use a self made "IsConfigured" which makes sense to me: some plugins need to be configured before their output should be viewable by the users.

But having a GDN_plugin->isEnabled() method that does not check if the plugin is enabled has confused me.

• Even more confusing anything within an individual plugin folder is mapped and registered to cache even if the plugin is disabled.

Pragmatism is all I have to offer. Avoiding the sidelines and providing centerline pro-tips.