Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.

Problem migrating from 'localhost' to webserver

nesttlenesttle New
edited June 2016 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I just tried all tips on this old topic: https://vanillaforums.org/discussion/14241/migration-from-localhost-to-webserver-bonk?

Steps I did:
1. Edit 'conf/config.php' (database name, username, password).
2. Compress all Vanilla files in local: vanilla-localhost.zip
3. Export Vanilla SQL database (save it in .sql) (localhost)
4. Search & Replace on SQL file: 127.0.0.1 > example.com
5. Upload SQL to my webserver
6. Upload my vanilla-localhost.zip to my webserver
7. Extract all files from vanilla-localhost.zip on webserver

Also, other things I did too:
1. Remove all *.ini files inside 'cache/' folder.
2. Double checked DB details in config.php.
3. CHMOD +755 to all files & folders in FTP.
4. Check if .htaccess exists...

Some tips? I was dealing more than 3 hours with this and can't find any solution :(
I noticed when make a fresh installation on local, DB tables looks like this; but fresh install on webserver, tables looks like this.
^- Anyway this is not my topic-related, because I'm exporting full SQL & Files from local -> webserver.

Comments

  • vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

    I suggest you start a fresh install of the latest version of Vanilla on the web host and then migrate the files in your local database to the vanilla installation as an overwrite via ftp and not zip them.

    Run utility/structure to rebuild the tables as needed. The prefix on the new web server are the correct ones as far as I know. GDN and not gdn… make sure the sql is the the latest version of where you are migrating to.

  • nesttlenesttle New
    edited June 2016

    I "solved" this replacing gdn_ to GDN_ on the SQL file & uppercase on words, before uploading it to webserver.

    Example:

    • gdn_user -> GDN_User
    • gdn_userrole -> GDN_UserRole
    • gdn_activitytype -> GDN_ActivityType
    • gdn_tagdiscussion -> GDN_TagDiscussion
    • gdn_usermergeitem -> GDN_UserMergeItem
    • ...

    Still don't know why this is happenin :-1:

    vrijvlinder
  • vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited June 2016

    @nesttle said:
    Still don't know why this is happenin :-1:

    You did not post the errors that occurred … Probably from your own set up ?

  • vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

    @nesttle said:
    Problem is a mismatch on table names, between localhost and webserver.
    Hope this solve the problem to all of you!

    Thanks for coming back with the solution for others who might encounter this issue !!

    nesttle
  • RiverRiver MVP
    edited November 2016

    figured I'd bump this since there was an issue reported and people may be testing and then upgrading to different systems for 2.3 upgrades.

    https://github.com/vanilla/vanilla/issues/4843

    good explanation here..

    http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/identifier-case-sensitivity.html

    http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/identifier-case-sensitivity.html

    Pragmatism is all I have to offer. Avoiding the sidelines and providing centerline pro-tips.

Sign In or Register to comment.