HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Favorite WYSIWYG Editor (HTML)

ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
edited June 2016 in General Banter

What's your favorite WYSIWYG editor for HTML? To name a couple, you might already be familiar with the TinyMCE editor if you've used WordPress and the CKEditor if you've used Drupal.

Developers, regarding the license of your favorite WYSIWYG editor, would it be suitable for including it within an add-on?

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

Tagged:

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

I will always love Cleditor… <3

TinyMCE was good until it was not… on WP not because it did not work, but because it was/is vulnerable if it is used in the front.
    CKEditor is like Cleditor, but have not gotten it to work with vanilla all that great, like TinyMCE...

• @vrijvlinder, I believe those vulnerabilities with TinyMCE have been fixed. Which editor is the most user-friendly to you? CKEditor looks pretty clean to me. :)

I'm looking to integrate a WYSIWYG editor with the Articles app to help authors write more efficiently, thus increasing productivity of blog posts.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

I believe those vulnerabilities with TinyMCE have been fixed

They probably have but it leaves one unwilling to venture again with it specially when it is not necessary to me .

The Advanced Editor seems to work well and can have all the capabilities the others had. But most people who write, like an interface that can help them know what is what. The more flat things have gotten the more cryptic the buttons are. If you don't have a good tool tip they look useless.

The cleditor was good because it allows you to see the html and the rich text side and you could edit the html or the other by clicking a button to see the source code or the formatted side. I still use it because of that. To me it is important to be able to see the html and edit in there.