Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vote 1.0

2»

Comments

• Options
    Excellent! I've been looking for this! Can you help me change the default selected value from No to Yes for the Allow Voting on Comments? Thx
  • Options
    Could someone elaborate on how this works.. meaning: What is the purpose on voting for comments? Does it hide comments that receive X amount of bad votes? Also, why can you not vote on comments in discussions you start? Just trying to understand the logic before I implement it. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    does it burry the comment if its votted low by lot of people. like on digg.com It just requires a javascript to blind up the comment if it has 4 low scores. what you could do to decrease the number of database entries it adds is to just track an up and down vote. You don't have to track 3 out of 5 or 5 out of 5. just up or down. Once votted, the total is added and then locked and u don't have to save the results of individual votters. plus when the page loads it only loads the end vote of a comment and doesn't need to load what the votter voted. making it lot faster.
  • Options
    I just installed this Addon and disabled all my other Extensions, but I see nothing that lets me vote? I enabled the ability under Roles and Permissions for the appropriate user level, but don't see anything for voting. Is there something else I need to configure?
  • Options
    Can anybody help me change the default selected value from No to Yes for the Allow Voting on Comments?

i have the same question...
  • Options
    I like the coolr headers, but I would like to ask: did it take a long time to load on your computers, too? I can imagine users complaining if it takes them as long as it took me...
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I have installed enabled VanillaVoting, JQuery and followed the installation instructions but I have got the following errors. Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of [runtime function name](). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file in /home/content/r/e/a/read/html/forum/extensions/VanillaVoting/default.php on line 98 Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of [runtime function name](). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file in /home/content/r/e/a/read/html/forum/extensions/VanillaVoting/default.php on line 108 Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of [runtime function name](). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file in /home/content/r/e/a/read/html/forum/extensions/VanillaVoting/default.php on line 108 Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of [runtime function name](). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file in /home/content/r/e/a/read/html/forum/extensions/VanillaVoting/default.php on line 133 Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of [runtime function name](). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file in /home/content/r/e/a/read/html/forum/extensions/VanillaVoting/default.php on line 143 Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of [runtime function name](). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file in /home/content/r/e/a/read/html/forum/extensions/VanillaVoting/default.php on line 143 Help me to fix this error. Cheers, SL
This discussion has been closed.